Sunday, April 20, 2008

Count Your Blessings....

John 1:16
From the fullness of His grace, we have all received one blessing after another

We have a wooden sign above our kitchen windows THOU SHALT NOT WHINE. How I need the reminder – the most effective antidote to whining is THANKSGIVING….listing blessing after blessing.
For instance, I broke my foot last week – the Doctor wisely reminded me that the greatest blessing of the break, is that I had not fallen and broken a hip. Hurray!

I have prayed over and over, for special grace to conquer complaining.
Just yesterday I learned of a pastor in Kansas City who gave his congregation purple flexible wristbands. They are to wear them on the right wrist – moving the bracelet to the left hand every time they complain, or are negative. He has distributed over a million to churches and individuals who have heard of the plan and want to join.
The goal is to go 21 days without complaining or WHINING. After several weeks trying, the pastor made it!

I am buying a bag of bracelets for us here at Boulder Ridge at our Spice of Life….Try it!

No comments: